Some of the old diet tips and tricks of the past still work today but with our busy lives sometimes we just need to be reminded of some them. Here are some tried and tested dieting gems:
1. Use smaller plates and bowls when fixing your meals. This is a psychological trick that works! We feel compelled to eat until the plate or bowl is empty. If it’s half the size, we won’t eat as much.
2. Never skip meals or attempt to starve yourself. You’ll only end up binge-eating later which of course will cause you to put on even more weight.
3. Be sure to get regular exercise along with healthy eating. Even short bouts of exercise can lead to weight loss when combined with a good, consistent diet.
4. Avoid all-you-can-eat buffets. It’s too tempting to eat until you get your money’s worth.
5. Drink more water throughout the day. Many people overeat because they think they’re hungry when in some cases their body is simply in need of more water.
6. Eat smaller portions more often instead of eating 3 large meals a day.
7. Reduce the amount of sugar you put in your coffee. Cut back on the salad dressing for your salad. Use a tad less butter on your toast. These minor adjustments can go along way in helping you to lose a few pounds.
8. An old trick of dieters: Order the kid’s meal. It usually contains much smaller portions than the full-size adult plate.
9. Avoid popular diet medications. They are proven to be an unsafe way to lose extra pounds. Insist on a “quick fix” and you’re just asking for trouble.
10. Avoid eating 3 to 4 hours before going to bed. Just this small bit of change in your routine can result in significant loss in weight.
Buy Gifts at BuyGifts.com